Our protocols have been modified to keep you, our staff, and the vulnerable safe. We will be operating a little differently and we will not be seeing patients at full capacity yet, but we are excited we get to help those who have been in desperate need of their essential glasses and contacts.
We are putting safety first and would like to ensure that we are doing our part to keep you safe and comfortable. Please note that we are following all CDC and OSHA guidelines as we move towards our new normal. Here are some of the steps we’ve taken to prepare and some changes you can expect.
- You may request your appointment and doctor online HERE.
- We will be spacing and limiting the number of patients in our office at any given time so we can practice safe, social distancing as much as possible.
- The first appointments of the day will be prioritized for the elderly, immune-compromised, or those who are deemed high-risk. Please let us know when you are scheduling your exam if you require special accommodations.
- Intake forms and questionnaires will be completed online and submitted before your exam to reduce touch.
- Your doctor will call you an hour before your exam to take your history and ask you a brief set of questions to ensure we streamline your visit before you come in.
- Please arrive on time. There will no longer be a “waiting area” in the office. If you arrive early we may not be able to see you immediately and you may be required to wait outside.
- You can text us when you arrive and digitally “check-in” upon your arrival.
- Your temperature and oxygen level will be assessed prior to entry into the office. Anyone with a temperature reading of 100.0 or greater without fever-reducing medication will need to reschedule their appointment and will be advised to follow up with their primary care provider.
- Face masks will be required by all in order to enter our office as well as any part of the building. Unfortunately, for everyone’s safety, we cannot see you without a face mask on. Scarves, bandanas, or other well-made home-made face masks are acceptable forms of masks. Masks made from paper towels, tissues, or coffee filters are not.
EXAM & OPTICIAN TIME
- You will be asked to wash your hands upon arrival before we start any pre-testing.
- All exams have been modified for your safety.
- We will offer touchless point-of-sale and check-out to limit touch.
- Appointments will be required to see our opticians to be styled and fitted for glasses so that we can better control the number of people in the office at the same time. If you have an eye exam we can allot time after your exam with the optician.
- Pick-up of glasses and contacts can be available for curbside pickup or contact lenses can be mailed directly to you.
CLEANING & SCREENING
- All rooms, pre-test areas, frames, and potential touch surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized with EPA approved agents before and after each patient.
- We’ve instituted mandatory staff and doctors temperature screenings before we start each day.
We want to keep everyone safe. Once health guidelines have been relaxed, we will be able to ease our protocols as well. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
In Good Health,
Garley Leon, O.D., Associates, and Staff